Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings

I have a new rule. No more than 300 calories in a sitting. Any more
and that is what I consider a binge.

Anyhoodle.

Passing my Guidance class onto you all.

My teacher was telling us about her dealing with alcoholics (her
degree is in psychology) and she was telling this Alky that he is
basically saying, through his addiction, that he was no better than
liquid in a cup as this liquid in a cup controls him and knowingly he
continues to drink it thereby allowing it by choice to control him.

I think we all know a little bit about addiction (read: more than we'd
like to know...)

Human beings are smart. All of us. And to be dumbed down to liquid or
some other substance, that doesn't even have a brain to think. Doesn't
even have a voice to command. It simply exists. And yet I ALLOW IT to
have so much power over me. Me. An intelligent human being chooses to
allow myself to be subordinate to...food?

I pretend that I have no power over food. I have brain washed and
manipulated my own mind to believe that food can control me, has power
over me. And if something has power over you, to control your thoughts
and actions are you not less than this that controls you?

Food.

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone.

3 comments:

  1. That a really interesting point.
    Thanks for getting my mind thinking!

    I think you're right.
    That we have to control the food.
    Or it controls us!!

    Mm and I agree with the 300cal/sitting idea.
    Completely.

    Stay strong!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. letting the food control us thats binging retricting/exercising/purging that is us taking back control of the food

    unfortunate whether the food or us is in control either way the end point doesnt look good

    meh that probably doesnt make sense as i dont think i really understood what your saying but as ever liking to have an opinon i felt i had to comment lol

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I don't know if you read the new comments on your past posts but i've been following, trying to catch up with your blog for some time and absolutely love it. Had to comment on this post as its just my favouritest of yours and perhaps of all time lol (*she gushes*).
    maybe because you've put into philosophical words what has been running round my brain all week!
    Result: I wont let brainless food be the boss of me - even if some do doubt my intelligence!
    Your weight loss is amazing!!!!! keep it up xx

    ReplyDelete

Spill.
(or e-mail: FlushedAgain@gmail.com)